The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is planning to implement aims at Enhancing Gaza farmers’ livelihood resilience against water quality deterioration, and inaccessibility to water in different locations around Gaza. The project is expected to be funded by BMZ through Bread for the World. The project will be implemented in partnership with Diakonie Katasterophenhilfe.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following:
position: Project Manager
Location: Gaza City.
Period: 23 Months
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the
Start up: The project may start at January 1st 2023.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Planning the project activities as per the project proposal, agreement and the project wide action plan.
- Preparation of detailed and effective project’s action plans.
- Leading the implementation activities as per the project proposal, agreement, and action plans.
- Ensuring that all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to PARC’s and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Provision of proper administrative and technical supervision to make sure that the project activities are accomplished according to the highest standards.
- Making sure that the scope of the project is maintained at all phases and achieving planning.
- Supervising the technical and field staff involved in the project
- Managing the project budget under the supervision of the Program Coordinator according to PARC’s and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Developing managerial processes and procedures needed for achieving the projects’ activities, outputs and outcomes as per PARC’s, and its partners’ standards.
- Providing training on water resource management in agriculture to beneficiaries.
- Conducting regular field visits to ensure proper activities implementation on the ground.
- Liaising with the partners/donors of the project to ensure proper implementation of the project’s activities and timely submission of deliverables in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
- Preparing periodical reports as requested by PARC and its project’s partner/donor in consultation with the Programs Coordinator.
- Preparing technical and managerial reports as per the agreement with the partner/donor including close out reports in consultation with the Program Coordinator.
- Assisting the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents and reports.
- Ensuring that all activities of the project are properly documented and maintained an efficient project filing system.
- Reviewing the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Leading the design and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation plan of the project in consultation with the Program Coordinator and PARC’s partners.
- Representing PARC in project’s related workshops, conferences or seminars
- Performing any other tasks related to the project.
- Relevant university degree; preferably Bachelor or higher degree in Engineering, or any related project management related field.
- More than five years’ experience in direct project management in the field of agriculture or structural projects. Having experience in both is preferable.
- Proven reporting skills in English and Arabic.
- Proven experience in designing and supervising/implementing M&E processes
- Experience in site engineering and engineering project implementation is a plus
- Being Organized, paying attention to details and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Women are encouraged to apply
Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required in both Arabic and English.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by website: https://pal-arc.org/vacancies/ar to the attention of the HR Department no later than 12th December 2022 and include the job title (Project manager) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.